Study Guide - Use of Dealer Plates
1. A salesperson may use a dealer plate if he or she
A. Works at least 25 hours each week on a regular basis and is compensated for this work.
B. Has a written agreement with the dealer to rent the dealer plate.
C. Is an independent contractor.
D. All of the above.
Dealer may allow the use of their dealer plates if the licensed salesperson works at least 25 hours each week on a regular basis and is paid for this work.
2. Dealer license plates may be
A. Used on vehicles in the inventory of the dealer.
B. Rented to license salespersons on a form prescribed by the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board.
C. Used on a dealer's courtesy vehicle.
D. All of the above.
A dealer may use dealer plates on vehicles in his inventory.
3. A dealer may allow the prospective purchaser to use the license plates assigned to the dealer for:
A. 7 days.
B. 14 days.
C. Up to 5 days, and may be renewed once.
A customer may use dealer plates for up to 5 days, and they may be renewed once.
4. After proper forms are completed, dealer plates may be used on a vehicle in a dealer's inventory
A. By a prospective purchaser.
B. By a customer whose vehicle is in the dealers shop for repairs.
C. For an occasional daily rental.
D. A & B of the above.
Once the dealer has completed the proper forms, he/she may allow a prospective purchaser to use dealer plates on a vehicle in his inventory and he/she may also allow a customer to use dealer plates on one of his/her vehicles while the customer's vehicle is in his/her shop for repairs.
5. The form granting permission to use dealer plates
A. May be issued for only one five day period.
B. May be issued for a five day period and reissued for one additional five day period.
C. May be issued for fifteen days.
D. Is only valid for a twenty four hour period.
A dealer must use a form granting permission for a customer to use dealer plates and that form may be issued for the first five days and may be issued again for a second five-day period.
6. When may you use Dealer Plates on consignment vehicles?
A. If the vehicle is on consignment from another dealer.
B. If the vehicle is on consignment from an individual.
C. Under no circumstances.
D. A and B above.
Dealer Plates can be used on vehicles on consignment from another dealer.
7. The dealer may authorize a person, other than a full-time employee, to transport a vehicle on a dealer plate to and from a point of sale, an auction, and a repair facility or dealer exchange for a period not to exceed
A. Five days.
B. 24 hours.
C. 12 hours.
D. 48 hours.
An authorized person, other than a full-time employee of the dealer, may use a dealer plate for no more than 24 hours, to transport a vehicle on a dealer plate to and from a point of sale, an auction, a repair facility or dealer exchange.