Applying for a Trip Permit
Trip permits are vehicle-specific. The following information is required:
- Applicants full name, business address, and phone number
- Federal Employer Identification Number or Social Security Number (if an individual)
- Lessor name, if the vehicle is leased
- License plate number / state of license / expiration date of license
- Year/make/model of vehicle
- Vehicle identification number and unit number of the vehicle
Obtaining a Trip Permit
DMV offers three options for obtaining trip permits.
- Visit any of our customer service centers
- Call DMV at (804) 249-5130 for details
- Call one of the following permit services.
- Comdata Legalization Service
- (800) 749-6058
- Interstate Permit Services
- (800) 343-4889
- Jet Permit Ltd.
- (800) 788-0603
- Xerofax, Inc.
- (800) 853-3762
- (800) 527-6702
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Motor Carrier Services
- P.O. Box 27412
- Richmond, VA 23269-0001
- (804) 249-5130 (voice)
- (804) 367-1073 (FAX)
- (800) 272-9268 (deaf or hearing impaired only)