webCATSign up to be a webCAT user
DMV's Electronic Service for Titles, IRP and IFTA
webCAT is a free electronic service offered by DMV for processing vehicle titles, International Registration Plan (IRP) and International Fuels Tax Agreement (IFTA) transactions. You can apply for and receive your credentials electronically, file quarterly tax returns, and submit your payments direct from your office.
What Is webCAT
webCAT provides the motor carrier industry with a way to conduct transactions electronically. Using a personal computer and the Internet, carriers can apply and receive:
- Vehicle Titles
- IRP Registration - You can renew your fleet, add new jurisdictions, add new vehicles, increase your registered weight, and more. DMV will even store your entire fleet on the webCAT system to make processing easy - all you need to do is select the vehicle and tell the system what type of transaction you want to perform!
- IFTA credentials - you can apply for your decals and IFTA license.
- IFTA Tax Filings - you can electronically file your quarterly tax filings. All you have to do is enter your miles and fuel purchases for a particular quarter and webCAT will complete the calculations for you!
Here's what this free online service can do for you.
- Preferred service status. Best access to quick service. In addition, by using webCAT, you avoid a $5 per vehicle fee added to each IRP renewal transaction conducted in a DMV customer service center.
- Less paper. Apply for your IFTA and IRP credentials electronically - in minutes. No more lengthy paper applications.
- Convenience. Choose your credential delivery option: mail, express mail, email for certain transactions, or same day pick up at a DMV customer service center.
- More uptime. Whether you manage a small shop or a large fleet, you know the importance of keeping rigs on the road. Maximize your time by having IRP plates, IFTA decals and titles mailed to you.
- Flexibility. Whether in your office or on the road, initiate registration transactions and file and pay your quarterly taxes from any place you have Internet access - any time you have time.
- Accuracy. Conduct transactions with precision. webCAT calculates your IFTA taxes for you and will alert you to any mistake that could result in your tax filing being returned rather than processed the first time.
Paying for Your webCAT Transactions
webCAT offers several secure and easy-to-use payment options. You can pay for transactions by:
- Electronic check
- Credit card
- ACH credit
- ACH debit
- By mail - you may choose to file your quarterly tax return using webCAT and have DMV mail you an assessment notice for the tax due amount.