Virginia Driver's Manual
For your convenience, the Virginia Driver's Manual is available online. The manual is in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Readerto view and print.
- Complete Manual
- Cover, Introduction, Table of Contents
- Section 1: Testing
- Section 2: Signals, Signs and Pavement Markings
- Section 3: Safe Driving
- Section 4: Seat Belts, Air Bags and Child Safety Seats
- Section 5: Penalties
- Section 6: License Types
- Section 7: Other Important Information
Section 8: Sample Knowledge Exams, inside back cover, back cover
- Updated information effective July 1, 2012 for driver's manuals dated 2011. - Print and use as a bookmark.
The Virginia Driver's Manual is also available in audio (MP3) format. To play this, please make sure that you have a plug-in installed that can play a MP3 audio file.
To follow along while listening to the audio, download a copy of the Virginia Driver's Manual."
- Introduction - duration 0:52
- Section 1 - duration 6:30
- Section 2
- Section 3
- Section 4 - duration 5:06
- Section 5
- Section 6 - duration 5:16
- Section 7 - duration 5:19
- Section 8 through inside back cover - duration 4:05
You may also obtain a copy of the Virginia Driver's Manual from any DMV customer service center. If you are in high school or attending a commercial driving school, your school will also have copies.
* Virginia Driver's Manual revised July 1, 2012