DMV's Mobile Customer Service Center DMV 2 Go
DMV 2 Go is a fleet of five mobile customer service centers ready to bring DMV services to Virginians at convenient locations. DMV 2 Go visits:
- University and college campuses
- Assisted living facilities and retirement communities
- Military bases
- Government centers
- DMV Selects
The handicapped-accessible* full service office-on-wheels is equipped to process all DMV transactions including:
- Apply for or renew your ID card - available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver's license - take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Apply for a Veteran ID card.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Apply for certified copies of Virginia birth certificates.
- Get fishing and hunting licenses.
- Recently moved? If so, stop in to update your address on your DMV record. You can also update your voter registration address and organ donor status.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account - receive DMV notices via email or phone; conduct secure transactions on the DMV website.
- Obtain a "E-ZPass On-The-Go" transponder. You can also obtain a "E-ZPass Flex" transponder at the Northern Virginia mobile office.
- Search for other state services through a wireless Virginia Internet portal.
- And much more!
*The smallest DMV 2 Go mobile office does not have a wheelchair lift or Virginia Internet portal.
Schedule DMV 2 Go For Your Location
Want DMV 2 Go to come to you? To schedule a DMV 2 Go visit at your location, the following criteria must be met:
- Visits are Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.*
- DMV is open to the public (certain exclusions may apply for military bases, corporate campuses, colleges and universities, etc).
- The location must have parking to accommodate customers and a large RV/bus (see brochure for exact sizes).
*Major events taking place on weekends will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Determining factors include:
- Mobile office and staff availability
- Type of event (health & safety, veteran, hunting and fishing, etc.)
- Expected/proven past attendance
If you would like to schedule a visit, send an email to the DMV 2 Go staff in your region:
DMV Connect serves Virginians who may not be able to travel to a DMV office.
DMV 2 Go Informational Resources
DMV 2 Go Video
Provided by the DMV Communications Office