DMV News Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEMonday, August 29, 2011
Virginia's Mobile DMV Office Sets Up in Hurricane-Impacted Areas
DMV 2 Go Serving Customers in Henrico, Gloucester
RICHMOND - The Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles¿ mobile customer service centers are providing customer service at two closed DMV offices without power after Hurricane-Irene.
One DMV 2 Go mobile customer service center is parked in front of the North Henrico DMV office at 9015 Brook Road, and the second DMV 2 Go is serving customers in front of the Gloucester DMV at 6577 George Washington Memorial Highway. Services will be provided until 5 p.m. today.
Both DMV 2 Go mobile offices are handicapped-accessible and provide all DMV transactions including applying for and renewing driver's licenses and ID cards, ordering disabled parking placards or plates, and getting vehicle titles, license plates and decals. Also, Virginians can stop in to update their address on their DMV record, their voter registration address and organ donor status.
As a result of widespread power outages and technology issues from Hurricane-Irene, additional DMV customer service centers across Virginia are closed today including:
- Chester, 12100 Branders Creek Road
- West Henrico, 9237 Quioccasin Road
- East Henrico, 5517 South Laburnum Avenue
- Hopewell, 4401 Crossings Boulevard
- Kilmarnock, 110 DMV Drive
- Tappahannock, 750 Richmond Beach Road
- Emporia, 103 Commonwealth Boulevard
- Courtland, 27426 Southampton Parkway
- Suffolk , 268 Holladay Street
- Williamsburg, 952 Capitol Landing Road
- Hampton, 8109 Roanoke Avenue
- Portsmouth, 6400 Bickford Parkway
- Virginia Beach/Hilltop, 1712 Donna Drive
- Virginia Beach/Buckner, 3551 Buckner Boulevard
- Lynchburg, 3236 Odd Fellows Road
- Galax, 7565 Carrollton Pike
Employees who normally work at offices with no power were dispatched to nearby DMV locations. Also, several other DMV offices are experiencing intermittent technological issues and may be unexpectedly closed or processing transactions slowly, especially those offices in Hampton Roads. Road skills exams, also called ¿behind-the-wheel¿ tests, may not be available at some locations due to hazardous road conditions. Check www.dmvNOW.com for updates before visiting a DMV office. Customers may continue to conduct business through DMV's website, DMV's automated telephone service at 1-888-337-4782 or the mail. For additional information call DMV DIRECT at 804-497-7100.