DMV News Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEThursday, October 27, 2011
DMV Customer Service Centers Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans Day
Some DMV Selects Open; Other Convenient Service Options Available
RICHMOND - In honor of Veterans Day, all Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) full-service customer service centers will be closed on Friday, November 11, 2011.
However, several DMV Select locations will be open on Veterans Day including:
- The Berryville DMV Select inside Trips Auto Sales at 6103 Lord Fairfax Highway from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Lovingston DMV Select inside Piney Mountain Vinyl Siding at 236 Cooperative Way in Arrington from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Purcellville DMV Select at 201 N. Maple Avenue, Suite 203 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Dillwyn DMV Select inside Foster Tire Company at 16954 Oak Street from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The King George DMV Select at 13035 Kings Highway from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Palmyra DMV Select at 13027 James Madison Highway from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Customers can conduct most vehicle-related transactions at DMV Selects including obtaining decals and titles. Selects do not conduct driver's license, learner's permits or ID card transactions. For a full list of DMV Select transactions, visit www.dmvNOW.com.
When offices are closed or anytime, customers may conduct more than 25 different transactions online. They may sign up for a myDMV customer account and save time by receiving DMV information through email, phone or text message, and they can manage their DMV record without visiting a customer service center.
Customers may visit www.dmvNOW.com/myDMV to set up their myDMV account and get a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to conduct secure transactions. With a myDMV account and PIN, customers may:
- Review their driving record
- Renew and replace their driver's license or ID card
- Print their vehicle's original electronic title or replace their title
- Report that their vehicle was sold or traded
- Change their address and organ donor status
- Request a compliance summary revealing steps necessary to reinstate driving privileges
- Make a reinstatement fee payment
- Change or activate their PIN
While setting up their myDMV accounts, customers are encouraged to opt to receive decal renewal notices through email, phone or text message rather than getting a paper reminder via the U.S. mail. "This 'green' service is great for customers because they can receive their renewal notice in the method most convenient for them -- either via email, voice mail or text," said DMV Commissioner Richard D. Holcomb. "This service is also a wonderful way for Virginians to reduce costs for the Commonwealth."