Funds to Reduce Aggressive Driving and Speeding
- Objective: To broaden the scope and number of activities directed toward reducing traffic crash loss arising in whole or in part from persons driving aggressively and/or over the posted speed limit.
- Examples of Fundable Components
- Management - Coordinator, other personnel
- Enforcement - Training, equipment, operations, public information/education
- Prevention/Intervention - Training, equipment, public information/education
- Public Information/Education - Media materials and personnel
- Examples of Program Evaluation Measures
- Speed related crashes resulting in fatalities and injuries.
- Afternoon and Evening (12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.) crashes resulting in fatalities and injuries.
- Community Programs - Number of comprehensive programs and number and percent of target population being reached by program.
- Enforcement - Number and percent of officers trained and units of equipment in use, number of total speed and citations, number of reckless and aggressive driving citations, speed citations per shift/unit/hour.
- Percent of licensed drivers issued citations for speeding.
Source: The Guidelines for the Submission of Highway Safety Grant Applications.