Online Salvage Pool
DMV's new Online Salvage Pool feature allows salvage pools to conduct DMV transactions electronically. Salvage pools can print non-repairable certificates at their location, and title documents are available from DMV the following morning.
Electronic access to DMV is made possible through hardware and software provided by CVR. A second vendor, triVIN, may provide access services in the future.
- Going online with DMV eliminates the need to file paper applications for titling and non-repairable certificates at DMV.
- The salvage pool pays for fees and taxes electronically.
- Courier service is available to deliver ownership and other transaction documents to DMV in Richmond for auditing and microfilming.
- Non-repairable certificates print at the salvage pool site.
- Title documents are available at DMV in Richmond the next day.
The process begins when the salvage pool acquires a vehicle from the insurer.
- The online salvage pool electronically submits the application for a title on a non-repairable certificate to DMV.
- DMV responds electronically with the title, log numbers and transaction data on the existing title.
- Funds are transferred electronically from the salvage pool's account to DMV via an electronic fund transfer (EFT) within seven days of the transaction.
- The salvage pool submits all transaction documents plus daily reports to DMV via the courier service.
- Copart - Chatham
- Copart - Sandston
- Insurance Auto Auction - Ashland
- Insurance Auto Auction - Charlotte, North Carolina
- Insurance Auto Auction - Fredericksburg
- Insurance Auto Auction - Graham, North Carolina
- Insurance Auto Auction - Yorktown
- Sadisco Tidewater - Suffolk
- Salvage Direct - Titusville, Pennsylvania
- Provides the electronic liaison between the salvage pool and DMV. The vendor will furnish the salvage pool with the hardware and software necessary for electronic access.
- Ensures that the salvage pool complies with DMV requirements.
- Reconciles and transfers funds from the salvage pool to DMV's account daily and generates summary reports.
- Trains salvage pool personnel to use the online system.
Online Slavage Pool
- Submits applications for titles or non-repairable certificates electronically to DMV.
- Forwards daily reports and ownership documents to DMV, using a courier service (if 24 -hour turn around is required).
- Tonya Blaine
- Deputy Director, Vehicle Services
- Phone: (804) 367-0599
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Foerster
- Vice President, Sales and Operations
- Computerized Vehicle Registration (CVR)
- 1950 Hassell Road
- Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
- Phone: (800) 333-6995 Ext. 1387
- E-mail: email@example.com